Sunday, June 23, 2013

Adults at Age 11

Street Soccer :)

No, I did not play soccer with this Kindergarten boys. Our orderly rules are non-existent in this country. They easily would have schooled me within the first 5 minutes of the game. 

This week was "Field Week" at school, which meant 6 hours of sports everyday. Talk about an intense PE program. 

Though I didn't play in this particular game, I did cheer with the rest of the ladies. 




 Gaby. Juan Carlos. And Cristofer. These three kids have my heart. They are the ones who come to pray with me everyday before they leave school. Their mother passed away a month ago. Now they live with just their father, and their tender hearts are figuring out how to cope.

When I asked them if I could take their picture, Juan Carlos (the oldest of the three) grabbed his two siblings and directed them on what to do. He scooped Cristofer up in his arms and told him to look at the camera. He's 11, but he's already becoming an adult because his family needs him to. Unfortunately, this is an all-too-common story in this school. 

For this upcoming week, please be in prayer for:
Safety
A Youth Event for teens who live in Coban alone, without parents. I will be leading this event next Friday. 


Blessings,
Micaiah 






1 comment:

  1. You and the teens of Coban will be in my prayers. Rudi

    ReplyDelete